[Fwd: [BREEDERS] x post - W32/ExploreZip.worm - from McAfee]

ubject:
          [BREEDERS] x post - W32/ExploreZip.worm - from McAfee
     Date:
          Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:28:22 -0400
     From:
          Bobbi Brinker <Bobbi@PARROTTALK.COM>
       To:
          BREEDERS@PARROTTALK.COM

W32/ExploreZip.worm is a worm that infects Windows systems. It is very
dangerous, potentially more destructive than Melissa. It reproduces
itself by sending replies to incoming email messages, with itself as an
attachment called "zipped_files.exe". It includes a payload: it will
search the user's hard drive and delete all files of types .c, .cpp,
.asm, .doc, .xls, .ppt.

IMPORTANT - If you receive an email with the message "I received your
email and I shall send you a reply ASAP. Till then, take a look at the
attached zipped docs.", DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY! It will have an
attachment called "zipped_files.exe"; DO NOT DOUBLE-CLICK OR RUN THIS
ATTACHMENT! If you do, it will infect your system!

Learn how to detect and remove this worm!
Get more info about how this worm works.

http://www.mcafee.com/viruses/explorezip/default.asp

---- Begin included message ----

---- End included message ----