Oregon Trail

I know this is probably off topic, but does anyone have any information on riding the Oregon Trail, or where I could get any information on riding it?  Does it still exist or is it covered with pavement?
A friend of mine would like to ride from Naco on the Mexican Border to British Columbia, so any information on where we could get info concerning travel on horse back through Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Oregon and Washington would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Louise Garrard