Fwd: RC: Boz Saddles

In a message dated 6/7/99 3:08:51 PM EST, Jack_Weaver@cc.chiron.com writes:

>  I'm seeking comment >       from owners or ex-owners of Boz saddles.  Do
you and your horse like >       them or not and why?  Does the flexible tree
and pad system work as >       claimed?

I currently use a Boz, have had it for 6 years.  I really love it for myself
and MOST of my horses.  It does not flex as easily as he says it does though.
 It does not fit any horse either.  I does fit most very well though.  It is
a very comfortable and secure saddle, I don't ride youngsters in anything
else.  I do recommend them.  I have a very hard to fit mare, took her to a
local saddler for a fitting along with my Boz.  His comment was that no
saddle with a tree could fit this mare.  I should use a treeless sport
saddle, or can shim the Boz for her.  He made the shims and placed them
between the "comfort bars" and the saddle.  This has worked fine now for over
one year.  Any other saddle could not have been done so cheaply or easily.
Leigh

---- Begin included message ----
     I talked with Boz about his saddles at the Horsexpo in Sacramento, CA
     this weekend.  He talks a great line (a real salesman) and his saddles
     have some interesting and unusual features.  They have a flexible
     plastic tree (but not nearly as flexible as an Orthoflex), replaceable
     synthetic pads of various thickness' that can be sculpted and are in
     direct contact (380+ sq. inches) with the back (no pad is used), a
     flat seat and pretty far forward hung stirrups.  I'm seeking comment
     from owners or ex-owners of Boz saddles.  Do you and your horse like
     them or not and why?  Does the flexible tree and pad system work as
     claimed?

     Thanks for any help.

     Jack & Judy
     Danny & Toushaa