RE: Re: Re: Living Quarter versus Motor Home

Title: RE: Re: Re: Living Quarter versus Motor Home

-----Original Message-----
From: DougandSueRobinson [mailto:windfall@access1.net]

Crewing should be easy as there is a side compartment with room for a hay
bag, buckets, blankets, etc.  so you don't have to carry it in the living
part.  There is an outside shower and awning.  Also at bad weather rides it
will be great to get inside and warmed up or cooled off as the case may be.

You must attend a lot of rides where the horses loop back into camp for the vet checks.  Rides that we go to are often large loops that never return to base until the very finish.  We cover rough, muddy roads, open rocky fields, ford streams (aka no bridges!), etc.  I can get most places with my Dodge 2500 diesel 4X4.  I doubt that I'd make it in a motorhome.

We tend to carry several bays of hay, feed, the cooler, chairs, coolers/blankets, buckets, "stuff" (ltyes, leads, dry riding clothes) with us in addition to a 60 gallon water tank.  I'm not sure how big the side compartment in the motorhome is, but...

You should see us the night before the ride.  I'll be the one searching for a nook in which to stuff something.  Then along comes my husband who shakes his head and looks sad.  I'm sent on a useless errand.  When I get back, he's unpacked the truck, organized it as to what is needed at each subsequent vet check so it is easy to get to.  AND there is room left over.  TOTALLY disgusting!  (Same guy who can pack an overnight for a week's trip where I use 2 suitcases and an identical overnight.)

It's nice that one of is organized!

Linda Flemmer