First 25 LD...Liberty Run (WHAT A BLAST!!)

It can easily be said that battling the Memorial Day traffic on the drive
home (13 hours folks!) was worth it, because the Liberty Run in Augusta,
Georgia was absolutely wonderful!

I had the great opportunity to meet Gini Wilson who offered to let me ride
Gaily, her very awesome and seasoned mare.  I made the trek from Maryland not
quite knowing what I was getting into.  But Gini not only made me feel right
at home, she guided me through the entire process, including preparations
leading up to the ride, during the ride, and then how to relax and enjoy the
great atmosphere after the ride!  I'm hardly a seasoned pro now, but I sure
did learn a lot this past weekend.  So inspired am I, that the search is now
on for a good, used trailer and the commitment to get my pasture potato Arab
into shape for his first 25 miler next season.

Gongratulation to Vicki Parker and staff (and family) who put on a great
ride...trails were well marked, food was excellent, and the weather ordered
up was beautiful.  The campsite was situated around a small lake, and was a
great set up for families, with picnic benches, playground equipment and
showers.  There was even a small restaurant.  I hope I'm not being
spoiled.... : ) ! !

If there is anything that will entice and convert those even mildly
interested in getting started in endurance, it is the ability to meet new
friends, ride a challenging ride on a  seasoned mount, and be mentored by
talented and genuine people.  My sincere thanks to Gini Wilson and James
Agnew for their southern hospitality, and a kiss for Gaily!  I feel very
fortunate to have made such great friends.  THANK YOU GINI  !!!

Kristi Johnson in Maryland