Re: RC: helmets(long)

Sharon,

Are you the "same Sharon N." I knew from  Red Bluff?  If so, (or even
if  NOT) I am so glad you are O.K.  You don't know how many people I
have tried to convince over the years to wear a helmet who have said
"hmmmyeagh, sure" and didn't.

The same thing(without so   serious a result) happened years ago to me.
I were coming home alone on my VERY experienced endurance mare) at a
SLOW jog along our own flat dirt road, cooling off for the last two
miles, when, for no reason I could see, she tripped, rolled(slow motion)
into a ditch on the side of the road, and pinned me underneath.  I knew
If I didn't get my let out FAST her shod hooves would start frailing and
then I would really get kicked!  Somehow  I wiggled out before that
happened, and to make a long story short, called my son to come get us
with the trailer.  I was all bloody(nose, knees, ripped NEW riding pants
which really pissed me off, head and eye scrapes.)  Horse had bloody
knees and nose bleed.I also was wearing a helmet which held.  My son
said NOTHING when he saw us--just looked in shock.  I hope you keep your
helmet  FOREVER and use it as an example!  Glad you will be O.K. and
your horse too, if  a bit the "worse for wear".  Maureen M.