What can I do when my horse will not urinate unless he is loose in his stall

Kathy Klein findaklein@aol.com
My endurance horse Dan was a stallion until he was 8 (he is now 15).  He was not broke to ride until he was nine.  He will not urinate at home or at rides unless he is loose.  I have tried everything I know to teach him it's O.K.  I use a whistle, feed him treats if I see him pee, but he still refuses to go.  The last 50 I did he did not go until he was turned loose after the ride.  It is causing problems; his heart rate stays higher and he slows down and gets very irritated, starts swishing his tail.  I'll get off him, take him off the trail, but I usually just stand there while he gives me a blank look.  Help!!!

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-