allergy to fly bites

yes, Ebboney River (1,600 AERC miles) had this problem, one summer on an XP ride she had great swellings at the site of the bites,  that is the time I remember best.  Did not seem to bother her at all and she went on to do many more AERC and Ride and Tie miles.  I woud not worry about this form of allergic reaction, myself, just get out of the flies and wnen you know you can expect bitting flies move fast and use fly spray.