Re: More feed questions

In a message dated 1/12/99 10:53:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< > And why no rice bran?  I had always heard it was such a great product for
 > adding weight to a horse.  Please educate me.

 Well, since you asked :-)...the short answer is that despite it's higher
 cost, rice bran is actually lower in calories per pound than any other
 of the cereal grains.  There are lots of other considerations as well,
 but rather than re-writing a partial answer, let me provide total
 overkill instead and put into another post a copy of an article I wrote
 recently for HoofPrint, the publication for NATRC.  It should certainly
 answer every question anybody ever had about rice bran, and then some!

 Susan G

It's not the calories, it's the gamma oryzanol.

ti