Re: Firemountain 50 -2nd that!!

In a message dated 1/16/99 12:32:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< As a manager, I don't care for pre-entries.  All it tells you is how many
 PLAN to come, and that's usually about 30% above the number who actually
 get to show up...that's enough to break you if you actually made
 preparations for that many more horses.  I've had much better luck just
 looking at how many showed up last year.  It seldom varies plus or minus
 10 riders.  If we're short of T-shirts, we give the locals theirs later.
 We are allowed to tell the caterers how many meals on Friday for a Sat.
 meal. >>

Maybe I'm making too much of a job of ride management, Angie.
I print out nice labels for rider cards, I print out nice labels for the
finish line timer, I print out lots of lists and maps  In my attempt to have
the ride look very professional, maybe I'm working too hard!  And, OUR caterer
requires a head count a week before the ride.

Barbara