Re: Fire Mt. 50

At 09:06 AM 1/16/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Sorry if I got my wording wrong...I, personally, do not care about the
>Championship series as a rider.....I fact, I didn't even care enough to
read how
>it is run.  I based my replies on posts, nothing else.
>
>If this ride is a "designated" qualifying ride, then riders who are interested
>in qualifying should be allowed first preference (with a deadline) to enter.

How would you know which riders are interested in qualifying?   You don't
have to declare anything.  You just do the ride.

>So, do I understand that certain rides are designated as qualifying rides? Or,
>can a rider ride ANY 50 and use it as a qualfier?

No only those rides designated as qualifying rides (which people keep
referring to as championship rides).

The interesting thing here is that because a few who may have wanted to do
this ride waited too long to do something about it, it seems to stir
everyone up to start taking "pot shots" at everything (LD riders who are
doing the ride, AERC BOD who sanctioned the ride, EN which didn't list it
exactly right, and personally attack the ride manager who consented to host
the qualifying ride), rather than the riders who wait until two weeks before
the ride to enter.

Terry