Fire Mountain

Question:  Is this ride really a National Series Championship (50)  ride?

I looked in my current (January) issue of Endurance News.  There is no box
around the ride, no highlights - couldn't see where it was indicated that
it is.  Unless I"m missing something totally? (which I could be, I'll admit
to having DIMR on occasion)

I looked in the last issue I could find lying around -October - and could
not find where it was indicated as a Championship Ride either.  Maybe it
was in another issue (which of course, I can't find, but still...shouldn't
the current issue be up to date?)

I only found out after another rider told me at Death Valley.  (though I'm
not totally lame, I did look up the ride calendar on the net this month and
saw it listed there as a Championship Ride - so which do we believe - the
on-line version?)

Okay you guys, do to the dozens of responses I've received on this subject
- from several other upset riders that didn't get into this ride - we think
we should submit a proposal to the AERC BOD trying to make the rules
standardized for entering these kind of special rides.  So that everybody
is treated fairly, and all know the rules ahead of time.  None of this -
"so what if you entered two weeks early, it wasn't early enough"
stuff...especially after being told that getting entered would be no
problem.  This ride was filled up beyond its limits on January 11th.  The
ride is January 23rd.

Would anybody like to help.  Please submit your ideas to me asap. Thank you,

Happy Trails,

Karen