Re: Strangles

>This mare showed up at my place needing clean air to breath, after
>contracting strangles in a popular, busy boarding stable. After the vet
>cleared her as far as contamination was concerned, I agreed to take her

Hi Ridecampers...

I also heard from reputable sources that strangles can hang around for
YEARS in the soil, barn, tack and so on. Just because it looks like an
isolated incident, it is very, very difficult to get rid of.

If I know there was strangles at a place, even a few years ago, I will
avoid it.

Just my 02 cents

Monika, Koko and Ripp