Rabies titre and protection certificate

From: Barb Peck
Email: bpeck@together.net

Dianne and others:

As some of you know, I have a "reactive" horse and plan on having
a Rabies titre done by Kansas State this
spring.  It is my understanding
that Kansas State will also issue a
Rabies Protection Certificate based
on WHO and FDA import/Export laws
if the titre indicates protection against Rabies.

The question as to whether AERC/ECTRA/VERDA and/or
ride managers (or States for that matter)
will accept this remains to be seen.

I really don't see why not.. but then again I don't
make the laws.

I know there's a poster on this list (Patty Lambert)
that has had a Rabies titre done on her
horse and it was VERY high.
Like 1500:1 I think (Patty are you out there)?.
I think the required protection level is waaaaaaaay under that
(but I haven't received the numbers
 yet from the FDA).

I plan on making some more calls soon, to various
organizations to have this question answered.

Anything I learn, I will post to RideCamp.

Barb