Re: intranasal vaccine for strangles

Kat, could there be different varities of strangles?  My paint gelding had a
rip-snorter of a case and did look like he was going to die.  Also, those big
puss oozing sores were NASTY and I personally did not want to clean them out!
It took over a month for him to stop developing abscesses (sp?)   So took him
to my vet for treatment and to keep him away from other horses.  He didn't eat
for several days and I truly believed I would lose him.  I am very relieved
that there is now a safer, side-effect (probably) free way to protect my
horses from this disgusting disease.  I don't have the heart to just 'let' my
horses get sick (no offense intended).

Sylvia