alpha horses

In our it is fun to watch how the herd dynamics change depending on who is
riding whom.  Or whatever.  My hubby's horse is the boss hoss, but I am ''
boss hoss'' to him.  When we ride together, little Buddy really lords it
over him while he gets the chance.  Have seen this on more than one
occaision with different horses.  Aren't they fun to watch?  Gay