Re: More feed questions

In a message dated 1/13/99 7:20:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sbrown@wamedes.com writes:

<< I'm confused...my experience with EPM was as a disease, not an entity in
 grain.  What EPM are we talking about here?

EPM is a disease caused by an organism which is often found in grain that has
been contaminated by the intermediate hosts, birds and possums.  Grain seems
to be one of the most common sources of the organism for horses, and often
spreads the disease to areas where there are no carrier possums.  For a better
explanation of the life cycle, I would suggest contacting someone who deals
with it more than I do.

Heidi