Re: Riding W/ herd communication

I have a "herd" of between 14 and 20 in the winter on 120 acres and I really
enjoy watching the interaction and the grazing locations of the horses. This
year I have 14.  2 are nursing foals, (1 filly, 1 colt) 1 is a weanling filly
(9 months old) the 3 respective mares, 2  2 1/2 year olds (1 filly, 1 gelding)
1 welsh pony 8 years old,  3 1/2 year old gelding, three older geldings, 10,
14 and 14, and 1 older barren mare.  There are 2 quarter horses, 1 paint, 2
half-arabs and the rest purebred Arabs.  The interaction is so fun and all are
easy for me to catch even though only 4 of them are mine.  There are no
Barracudas in the lot so a minimum of bite marks they are a real congenial
bunch and while I do not carry treats in my pockets I do not worry about being
run over or kicked.  Sackett (the Barracuda) is kept within sight and touch
over the water tank but I do not turn him out with the others as for some
reason he acts like he owns the place.  However Sackett is a perfect gentleman
on the trail or in hand.  The foals were never in anything but stalls and
small pens and they really love running and learning where to plant their
feet.  Anyway I don't have near enough time to watch them as I would like to.
There are also 5 deer, 2 bald eagles and several red tail hawks that need
watching also.  Lovell