More hackamores...specifically 'S' type.

Lif (or Paul?) Strand wrote (in reply to Bob):

> The question about hackamores as I understood it
> was would a hackamore be enough for a horse that wanted to run
> through the bit.  I think a hackamore could be strong enough, don't
> you?

Ehm, I dunno which question you're referring to, but I posted the
original question about Blairs vs. 'S' hackamores. I know that
hackamores can potentially exert lots of pressure (I also know that
at times a horsey can decide to ignore it! But then my horse has a
habit of pulling 10 ton weights by his nose anyways).....I use the
hackamore (Blairs) only because my nag is too thick to work out how
to drink bitted. He thinks he's supposed to be playing lip fountains!

I have only seen the 'S' hackamore on the web using a crappy, lo-res
monitor, so I have trouble imagining exactly what it looks like and
the physics of its action. So I was hoping a ridecamper might be able
to explain how (if) it differs from a Blairs in terms of riding.

I suppose I could be lectured on how I oughta ride with a bit of
cotton thread on his nose, or perhaps with a hulahoop round his neck
but hey - I'm not perfect......At least he *goes* in the Blairs now
on rides, at first he was like a steam-train in it. Practise,
training and all that - we couldn't set foot out of the arena for a
long time when I first swapped to the Blairs. However, I just like
the look of the 'S' (as far as I can make it out) because it looks
like it would tangle less in buckets, etc.......

So let me rephrase my question....anyone use the 'S' hackamore? What
do you think of it?

Cheers!

Liz and Basil The Nag (Nose of Steel)
--