Re: hackamores

Well, yeah, Bob, you're right, the horse stopped because of the pain.  But it wasn't pain from a boot in the gut, or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, it was from a hackamore.  Semantics.  And the woman doing the demo happens to be a pretty good equestrian - she was as shocked as everyone else.  She told me that she did not use excessive pressure on the reins.  I believe her.

My point, which I guess was missed, was that a hackamore is not a mild piece of equipment.   The question about hackamores as I understood it was would a hackamore be enough for a horse that wanted to run through the bit.  I think a hackamore could be strong enough, don't you?  The question of whether a hackamore would be the right headgear for that horse is something entirely different.

Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
   Arabian Horses * Nutrition for People & Critters * WebArt