SADDR and Barbie Riding Club

csabe@servicepaper.com writes:

<< Is there hope.......perhaps a spin on the hotwalker...... >>

Doc Bielec responding here.  Sorry for the delayed response, I was in a drug
induced  coma, brought about by the fact that my horse pulled a shoe due do
his over-reaching and then cut his leg (non-related incidences).  So even
though we had some decent  weather for a bit, I was unable to ride.  This
caused a serious relapse into SADDR, for which the usual aids did not help.
The coma was the only option.

The hotwalker is an excellent idea if you have one.  For those who do not, an
option would be having your husband  pull you around in the yard with the 4
wheel drive rig while you sit on an old saddle and hold on to reins attached
to the bumper. If a 4x4 rig is not available, sliding down a mountainside
covered with snow on the saddle will have a similair effect.

If none of my previous suggestions is helpful in alleviating at least some of
your symptoms, I suggest the drug induced coma.  It is also a great weight
loss aid for those riders who are concerned that their holiday weight gain
will neccessitate the selling of the "perfect" saddle which took them three
years to find, decide on and get the money together to buy.  (I presume all
those ads at Endurance Net that state "Selling saddle because it does not fit
anymore" mean it doesn't fit the rider.   :)

One other suggestion which I have found somewhat helpful.  My daughter
insisted upon having a Barbie Riding Club computer game for Christmas, so she
could groom and ride the computer horses,(even though we have two horses, two
geese, two dogs, three cats and one racoon of the "real" kink to take care
of.)   I have found this game somewhat helpful for controlling SADDR as you
get to pick your own horse, name it, feed it, wash and groom it and even ride
some beautiful trails, all without going out in the cold and rain.  The horses
behave perfectly and you never fall off.  Other than Barbies obnoxious voice
and her perfect mounts and dismounts which piss me off, the game is quite
theraputic.  Make sure and lay some real tack out by the computer though to
enhance the experience with real leather and horsey smells.

Doc Bielec