Re: footwear

> Anyway, one day when I friend picked me up, halfway down the road, I
realized that I had forgotten to change into riding shoes, I still had on
regular tennis shoes.  The entire ride I was
>uncomfortable, because I knew that I wasn't safe.

Speaking as a person who has been dragged...I'm sorry, but I cannot
imagine how that tiny raised "heel" on riding tennis shoes could help
much on safety.  There's still plenty of room for your foot to go
through, and I don't trust anything less than a full "cowboy" heel for
that.  I always look at those high top riding shoes and think, "at least
with a low top shoe your foot might come out of the shoe".

Since I like to ride in running shoes, I got the toecaps on my stirrups
and that makes me feel safe.  The only problem...I wear a size 8 women's
shoes and like my foot all the way in.  I don't know how anyone with a
bigger foot could ride in them.

By the way, I was riding a jumping saddle in a bush track race. I had on
cowboy boots.  When a billet broke and the saddle went under the horse
and dragged me, the english safety stirrup did not turn loose, my boot
stayed hooked in the stirrup, but the other billet broke and the saddle
came off the horse.  It hurt. :o

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]