Re: Running Martingales

I use dressage in addition to trail.  I do very little collected work in the
arena because I do love my horse (like everyone elses here) and he will only
tolerate it in small doses.  He would muck rather be galloping down the trail
full blast but we don't always get to do what we want all the time.  My horse
is the gentlest horse you ever want to meet and follows me everywhere even
when he isn't wearing a halter - therefore, I know he at least likes me.  I
thing arena work to include dressage is a good change of pace for horses, just
like a nice trail ride would be great for "dressage horses".  I had someone
comment once that I was not a dressage rider and ( she was just jeleous
because her horse is still in training level ) and I would have to agree
because I am a rider.  I ride on the trail, jumping, dressage, reining,
barrels, and all on the same horse.  My horse and I would be bored if we stuck
to one discipline only.

Rita