-----Original Message-----
From: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

<<  I, too, want to follow the rules but would not
 withold medical treatment from my horse in order to do that.  I am
 always wondering what I can and cannot do  >>

To put it bluntly, the bottom line is that if he needs medical treatment, he
need not be in competition.  Certainly you should not withhold medical
treatment when it is needed, but any time a horse requires medical treatment
(be the problem metabolic or biomechanical) he needs time to recover and be
well or sound before being asked to go back to work at the level of
competing.  If you give your horse adequate healing time following a problem
that needs to be treated, you need not worry about drug withdrawals.

Heidi