Biltmore

Just got back from Biltmore and I must say, WONDERFUL RIDE!!

This was my first year entering this ride and it has been added to my list of
favorites. I was a little hesitant about going because one of my good friends
has been twice, and both times she went her horse stepped off the trailer
lame. I was afraid that I may have also have acquired the Biltmore curse when
my horse threw a shoe in the first mile of the ride. However, thanks to Nina
Gibson, I caught it quick enough to slow him down and walk him over all of
the rocky spots and cement for the rest of the 15 mile loop. Unfortunately, I
have a couple large blisters on my hands and I eventually had to pop off and
walk him since he didn't share my idea of wanting to slow down.

I couldn't believe it when he vetted through perfectly at the first vet
check. I thought for sure he would be off. So, I immediately called out for
the ferrier and about had a heart attack when I spotted him. What a babe!! I
had heard about the good looking ferriers at this ride, but I was a little
skeptical until I saw HIM for myself. For the first time in my life I was in
no rush to vet through quickly, and for the first time I actually hope that
one of my checks bounces.

After several of my friends carried me away from the ferrier (I noticed that
there were several other women in line that were impatiently waiting for
their turns to get nailed, I mean get their shoes nailed), I actually managed
to finish the ride in 28th place out of 106 riders.

I'd like to say thanks to Anne for a wonderful ride and remember that
everything happens for a reason***

Kati Walker
Ooltewah, Tn