reduced kidney function -what are effects

Teresa Van Hove tvanhove@uswest.net
Hi,  I'm posting for a friend. She wants to adopt a filly that
came through the boarding facility where she feeeds as a rescue
last year, started to come around with good nutrition & then got
dumped back into a bad situation. Barb wanted to buy the filly
instead of letting it go to a dubious situtation but she
couln't get it worked out.

Anyhoo, to shorten the long, sad story, the filly was consficated
at a sale recently and is at a rescue group. Very very underweight
to the point the kidneys are affected.  My friend wants to adopt
this filly if the rescue group pulls her through, but she wants
to know what the long term effects of reduced kidney function
will be.  Special diet needs etc.

So if anyone can give me any medical details I'll pass them along,

Thanks,
Teresa

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-