Re:Fixing Orthoflex buckles

Title: Re:Fixing Orthoflex buckles

-----Original Message-----
From: guest@endurance.net [mailto:guest@endurance.net]

Lois Crowley wrote:
<SNIP> I use 2 neoprene tail wraps cut in half on each leather.  And yes Angie I too use nice garish red duct tape to keep them from riding up while I ride.

That's an excellent idea.  I'm sure that I can find neoprene tail wraps in purple!  :-)  Since I was wise enough to choose black and purple tack, I can go cheap and use plain old black tape.  I'd HATE to mismatch my colors.  :-0

I bought a full saddle merino wool cover last year from Plush Bottoms.  It covers the stirrup leathers yet allows them to swing freely.  It is WONDERFUL!  (Comfy, secures to the saddle very well, nice selection of colors, VERY fast service for a custom saddle cover.)  If I ever take it off to ride on the plain saddle, I'll keep this neoprene and duct tape system in mind.

Linda Flemmer