Re: Requesting Advice on Gait Irregularity

Robin asked about a horse that had one sorta clubby foot and one a bit
flat.

ti says there is something wrong somewhere.

As she-who-hangs-on-ti's-every-word, I hate to disagree!

It has come to my attention that lotsa Arabs who are "tall" for their
breed, have necks that aren't correspondingly long, don't match those long
legs.  To graze, they put one foot far forward and one back.  For some
reason, probably the "dominant side" thing, it is always (for one horse)
the same foot forward and the same foot back.    Most any short-necked
horse on pasture ends up with the mismatched feet described.

If the horse is brought in and put to work, a good farrier can get the feet
to look alike after a few trimmings.  The horse will still adopt the same
posture to graze but if he isn't grazing all day, it can be managed.

That isn't to say there *isn't* something else wrong, just that some
horses, turned out for a long time, develop mismatched feet without having
anything else wrong.

Marge

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-