electrolytes

Sherrie,
Several vets have told us a recipe in the Central Region. 1/3 salt, 1/3 lite salt (potassium chloride), 1/3 calcium carbonate. My feed store man got these things in bags of about 25 lbs for less than $5 each.
Some people add magnesium, I don't. CAUTION: Be sure that the Calcium Carbonate you get is the kind for livestock. Straight Calcium Carbonate is limestone ground up, and it is very caustic. It causes burns inside the mouth and gut.
Mix these three ingredients in small amounts in a blender to make a smooth powder that will mix easily with water, applesauce, yogurt, etc. I carry mine in film canisters, which hold 30cc, just enough for one dose.
I hope this helps.
Mary