Re: Weighty issue

Any organization has to "grow or die".  This is true of the AERC.  One
way for
growth is to have multiple ways to recogonize people for their
accomplishments.
This is the crux of the LD debate and the weight division debate.

It really doesn't hurt a FW rider for there to be a HW division?  It
actually
would hurt a FW rider for a BC to be given for weight division in rides
with
sufficient number or riders to support the funding necessary for the
prizes?

If we as an organization become too exclusionary, then we as an
organization
will shrink and cease to exist or be replaced by multiple sanctioning
bodies,
which is the situtation in competitive trail riding (NATRC, ECTRA,
SEDRA, etc.)
all with differing rules and standards.

So to grow we need to evlolve and recogonize and balance the desires and
needs
of the membership and potential new members.  As our fearless leaders
seek
funding through sponsorship and expanding the membership base, we as an
organization are going to have to be flexible to the needs of the
expanded
membership base and the reccomendations of the sponsors.

Truman
AERC# 8217

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm with one on the way
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com