Re: RC: Fwd: RC: Weighty issue

In a message dated 4/21/99 6:43:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
hikryrdg@evansville.net writes:

<< Heidi, Thats just BS.  I just finished a race where there were 9
 heavyweights running.  All men. All fit.  And I had to turn it on to stay
 ahead of these guys.  Maybe they are fat out west but here in the east, no
 way.  The heavyweight crop just gets better each year.  I really, really
 resent the image you are trying to paint of us heavyweights. Jerry >>

Fine, Jerry, then don't whine.  I personally get sick of the BS of using the
weight as an excuse for everything under the sun.  The fit heavyweights out
here don't seem to have any trouble competing.  My objection to Truman's
number crunching is that the more unfit one is, the heavier one is, hence
those who are not fit tend to be heavyweights.  If you would take the time to
read my post, I also mentioned that the fit heavyweights out here don't seem
to have a problem.  If your heavyweight crop is getting better every year,
then more power to you and why are you complaining?  I am not painting a
picture of everyone in the heavyweight class--I am simply stating fact that
those of us who ought to be lightweights and are heavyweights by virtue of
lack of fitness make Truman's numbers invalid.  Don't try to pretend that my
post said more than it did.  Those of us who are not fit don't try to make
any excuses for why we aren't up front--we enjoy the scenery and thank the
lord for a sport in which we can still participate even if we are NOT up to
being front runners.

Heidi