saddle blues

Julie Hrseygrl3@aol.com
I'm going to do my first competitive ride this year and I'm very excited except I had just bought a custom saddle for my arab. He's very round and short backed. My saddle rubs him on the loins and I'm concerned w/this because I only rode him for 6 hrs. and he was raw. My saddle maker told me use a breastcollar and make sure the girth is tight. It's seems to fit because the saddle does not shift or rock. Do you think my horse is just too round and short backed and I'll always have the problem? Please give me some pointers. And also how long should it take to do a 25 mile ride? Just I can get ready for one this year. Can't wait.
Thanks
Julie
Hrseygrl3@aol.com

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-