Re: RC: an open letter......

Lori

When I wrote the original article in TB, describing the state of the
show TWH, I was pretty conservation and eveything in there was fact.  I
think what got him was my call to arms to try to get people aware of the
problem so something could be done.

It seemed my article sure hit a raw nerve.  Sort of made my day.  If you
want to send letter back to TB, it could only help the poor abused
horses.

lori cox wrote:

> I hesitated to send this letter to Ridecamp but also feel it is a worthy
> cause. It is a letter I wrote to Trail Blazer in response to: "An Open
> Letter To The Trail Blazer Readers" You might not believe it after reading
> this but I'm usually very quiet!!<g>
> Lori
>

> >   As long as the breed is judged for their high action, trainers will find
> >sneakier ways to sore horses.I didn't even know my horse was being sored by
> >my original trainer and we visited her at least weekly! I found out a year
> >later when someone found a small bump on each fetlock from the needles. I
> >was shocked, this trainer was known as a ''clean" trainer.
> >   In addition, this is something all breeders and trainers KNOW. So don't
> >let anyone tell you that only a small percentage of horses are  mistreated!
> >It's the other way around! Only a small percentage of  horses aren't being
> >mistreated that do well in the show ring. It is a good thing that they are
> >so easy going! They are wonderful horses.
> >Lori Cox
> >
> >P.S. Why do you think I like endurance SO much?!

The latest seems to be by compormising the integerity of the hoof, and
working the horses hard surfaces to induce road founder.  Now if that
isn't abuse, what is?

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm with one in the oven

Brooksville, FL