GAGs side-effects

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
From Barb Peck
RE: Bleeding in the horse as a side effect of feeding
    Glucosime HCL & Chondroitin sulfate mixed together.

Micheal Plumb field tested this combo and ran an article in
his journal  awhile back . No side effects were found at
any dose and enough positive results were noted to recommend
it's use in some instances (slightly arthritic joints).

I spoke to the rep at Nutramax, who makes & markets Cosequin
(which is the 2 mixed together along with some magnesium)
and they've been selling it since about 1993.  Their data does not show any adverse side effects in ANY animals.

I also spoke to them about the flatulence (farting) my cat
experienced, and they said it was dose dependent.. which after fiddling around with the dose
for my self AND the cat went away after about 2 weeks.

I have researched this and read everything that I could before I put myself and
animals on it and could not find
any literature stating there were ANY side effects other than
flatluence.

I guess like everything else.. everyone has to make choices. I
probably wouldn't have tried it if I didn't have a 17 year old cat, a horse who (in my opinion) shoulda been able to walk down
hill better... and pain in my hip that bothered me riding....

I would be interested in reading any research paper(s) that
describes bleeding as a side-effect when the 2 are taken together.

Barb

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-