Back-to-Back Rides

Gini Wilson virginia.m.wilson@lmco.com
I almost hate to open this can of worms...but I really want to get
some opinions about doing back-to-back 50 miles.  We are in a
hot and heavy season here in the SE and every weekend there is
a ride.  I've never done back-to-back rides like this before,
but I've never had a horse that COULD do it.  I've been going slow
(the turtle is my favorite award now-a-days) and have done 3 slow
50's in a row.  I would like to ride the 50 again this next weekend
but I'm getting concerned that it may be too much.

I spoke with a well known endurance vet and her opinion is that
it "IS" too much.  But I am reasoning that if you can do
"consecutive" 50's (2 day 100's, 3 day 100's, etc) then back-to-back
50's done slowly and with a weeks rest in-between is o.k.....or is it?

Look forward to hearing some opinions!

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-