Horse Hurt in Trailer (was Need Advice)

> Now this is a scary thought.  It never even crossed my mind what
> this woman
> would be like if her horse got hurt in my trailer.  Now that I've got this
> in mind, my imagination is giving me the horrors!  Thank you so much for

I "slightly" freaked out about putting my horse in the care of another
person in her trailer.  After discussing it with her and some of my other
friends, I decided to get insurance on Apache.  Mortality and major medical.
That way, if he gets hurt in her trailer, my insurance will pay for it.  At
first I thought she should, but as SOON as I put myself in her position, I
agreed that it was my horse, therefore, my responsibility.  I have decided
that when I get a truck and trailer, I will help other people by trailering
their horses, but they need to have mortality/major medical insurance,
and/or sign something that will protect me if their horse gets hurt.  Sounds
a little kookie, maybe, but in this day, you really never know about people.
I have a friend that is fine; until you cross her.  I have no doubt that if
her horse got hurt in my trailer (theoretical at this point as I don't own a
trailer), she would expect me to pay for the vet bills.  If these issues
aren't discussed before the horse gets into another person's trailer,
serious problems *can* occur.

Interesting that this came up right as I was freaking out.

---April
   Chattanooga, TN