size

I think we'll see a lot of changes in the next 5 to 10 years with the
stakes in some of the rides going up and and the courses gettring flatter
and faster .  I would not be surprised to see that the top horses at this
level to be TB/Arab crosses or  big race bred  Arabs rather than type of
pure Arabs  we usually see today.   It all remains to be seen.<

You're probably right.

I like to ride the taller ones simply because I am tall (5'10") and feel
better on a bigger horse.  However I did ride a 14.3 stallion for years and
he did wonderfully.  Even rode my daughter's 14.2 cute little Crabbet bred
gelding on occasion. He buzzed through the woods like a cat. I'm sure I
looked a bit strange though.
I do find the taller horses give a better ride, longer stride, etc.  Jeddi
was the best.
I don't think he ever lost a trotting contest with friends. Just had to be
ready to duck really low under those low hanging branches.

Jan

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-