finding riders

as I responded when the idea was forst broached:  not only have riders mark on a map where their trailer is, perhaps describe rig type and/or license plate # on the map.  If you want riders to put names on vehicle - better plan to have signs ready.

Ride managers may want to consider a sign-in for rider representatives and other regional officers.  lets everyone know who's around if something is brewing or a question to ask.  rider representatives are under utilized.  we could be especially helpful if involved with the ride manager in going over the ropes with new riders.  new riders would have a go to rider, even out on the trail.  I'd like to see rider reps. with a decal on helmet or hat or on headstall, something to let riders know who the rep is - and where.

Ride managers carry the responsibility for the ride, and from my experience, quite well.  But there is the whole big picture of the regional group and the AERC and the international aspect to discuss if anyone wants to know what's going on.  Of course, rider representatives need to stay in touch with endurance news to play a role.  (Isn't it all right here in Ridecamp?)

What do you think?

janetb