Re: first aid

Well, yeah, the stuff I carry in my pack is people stuff, but the huge sanitary napkins, the large syringes and the banamine and the dipyrone are horse stuff.  I have all the normal stuff too, but I figured everybody else would mention stuff like vetwrap, betadine, furasin, vasaline, Swat, sterile cotton, polo wraps, Vetrolin, mycitracin (for eyes), bug stuff, thermometer with a string tied onto it, stethoscope, etc.

I have used furacin on myself and it works better than anything for barbed wire slices (not that I have any on my property)!
-----Original Message-----
From: April Lee <adlee@bigfoot.com>
To: Ann Blankenship <annb@foothill.net>
Cc: ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Saturday, March 20, 1999 2:28 PM
Subject: RE: first aid

"But, but, ptt," she sputtered. "That's all people stuff!"  I thought we were talking about horses.  Aren't endurance riders the ones that will dote on your horse if he has a sore body part, but will ignore you if you have half your guts hanging out and an eyeball missing?  LOL.  Funny, I don't have ANYTHING for me in my first aid kit!!!  It's all for Pache!  If I get hurt, I guess I'll just doctor myself like I would him!  I don't even have a band aid in my car.

April
Chattanooga, TN