circling

the discussion on cirlcling helped a a lot.  I'd done a lot of yanking - I admit it - and maybe one pull to the left or right, but not the continuing circles.  Now, Handsome (of course he is) knows that when he breaks stride to gallop, it's stupid silly circles.  He is almost capable now of catching himself and getting back to trotting.

the 6 year old filly, however, is not quite in tune with this.  It hasn't been so effective.  need more work.

It is a a very good technique, however.

janetb