RC: on-line shorthand

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:02:14 -0700, Julianna Sowash
<sowashj@capital.ous.edu> wrote:

> Dear Ridecampers,
> I've been lurking and learned a lot. I know that:
> FWIW = for what it's worth
> IMHO =  in my humble opinion
> BTW =  by the way
> OTOH =  on the other hand
> WADR =  with all due respect
> TTYTT =  to tell you the truth
> ROTFL =  rolling on the floor laughing
>
> But, TTYTT and WADR, I don't get some of the other on-line shorthand!
> I could really use a decoder. OTOH it keeps me guessing.
(Snip)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

(This is all in fun folks... no impoliteness, flames, or inhumane
cruelty to innocent electrons was intended ;-))... Translation below.

PMFJIH W/ this WOB, but SHTSI... PJCMCIA! AAMOF, these acronyms can
really be a pain in the horsey-hindquarter unless your life revolves
around programmers and other geek-heads like me, LOL.  IDGI.  Normal
people spend all their valuable time deciphering rather than immersing
themselves in a RideCamp post BK all the sudden, somebody throws in
ATLA.  AFAIK, there's no literature explaining the stuff, so it's
difficult for anyone to politely reply, "RTDox".

BOT.  Isn't time better spent solving why our dear horses are going AWOL
on the trail, what the farrier is doing right or wrong (or how we DIYers
are SU), why IRL, beet pulp is not usually found in interior crevices of
the house (hey Susan G., I'm still COTFLGOAHAHA), and that BFMI never
really works with horses.  And what about all those CTTD?

ARHFY? JTYWTN about something OT from endurance.  I'll be expecting LLTA
from this ML soon <BG>!  CUL(8R).

HAND,

Kim (and Lee, who begs, "DFM")

TRANSLATION:

Pardon me for jumping in here with this waste of bandwidth, but somebody
has to say it... people just can't memorize computer industry acronyms!
As a matter of fact, these acronyms can really be a pain in the
horsey-hindquarter unless your life revolves around programmers and
other geek-heads like me, laugh out loud!  I don't get it.  Normal
people spend all their valuable time deciphering rather than immersing
themselves in a RideCamp post because all the sudden, somebody throws in
another three-letter acronym.  As far as I know, there's no literature
explaining the stuff, so it's difficult for anyone to politely reply,
"Read the Documentation".

Back on topic.  Isn't time better spent solving why our dear horses are
going AWOL on the trail, what the farrier is doing right or wrong (or
how we do-it-yourselfers are screwed-up), why in real life, beet pulp is
not usually found in interior crevices of the house (hey Susan G., I'm
still crawling on the floor laughing guts out and having a heart
attack), and that brute force, massive ignorance never really works with
horses? And what about all those cute things they do?

Are we having fun yet?  Just thought you wanted to know something
off-topic from endurance.. I'll be expecting lots and lots of thunderous
applause from this mailing list soon (big grin)!  See you later.

Have a nice day,

Kim (and Lee, who begs, "Don't Flame Me")

Yes, these were real acronymns.