Re: RC: everyday easyboots

At 08:34 AM 3/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello - is there anybody out there that lets their horse go barefoot and
>uses easyboots regularly for training rides and competitions? If so,
>what are the pros and cons? Can you get those boots on fast enough to
>make tacking up time reasonable? Do you lose them frequently?

This is my web page address on the easyboot pages:

http://heather.greatbasin.com/~sportssaddle/Easyboot.html

This post is a little behind - Chelle actually already wrote and asked me
how to print out the pages.  I get asked that a lot.  The type font on the
page is white (with a dark background).  In order to print, there is an
option on your browser.

for Netscape:  go to "Edit"   then "Preferences".  Under "Appearance",
select "Colors", and then choose black text and a white background!

for MIE:  go to "View"  then "Internet Options".  Under "Colors" change the
settings - black text and white background.

To answer some of your questions....yes you can use easyboots on a barefoot
horse.  Being able to do so will depend upon your horses feet and how often
and the type of riding you do.  It takes practice to learn how to put them
on and take them off quickly.  Once you use them a few times you'll learn
all the tricks necessary to keeping them on.  You can find all the
information on the little tricks I do on the web page.  One of the more
recent things (I'm always learning and adapting) I've been doing with the
one horse is removing the heel strap and foaming the boots on for his
rides.  He has soft heels, since his home in the winter is in Northern
Nevada and he is in the mud, muck and snow quite a bit - his feet really
absorb moisture so riding him on a multiday or on a 100 mile ride with the
heel strap on isn't a good idea.  This has been working great for us
:).  Funny that the other horse never had that problem....boy they are all
different aren't they!!??

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV