Go Rex Go

I thought Rex's post was hilarious and even funnier was the fact that so many of you are so busy flinging your egos around that you didn't even "get" the joke.

If you'll take a little time to look around you at a few rides, you'll see that there are some LD riders that ride the hell out of their horses and don't have a clue.  Too bad there isn't a novice-training program associated with AERC...  a mentor program perhaps.

On the other hand, we have a few top-ten and winning riders in my area that (IMHO) are lousy horsemen and win because they have exceptional horses.  I  especially remember one ride where the winner (a very well known person) came flying across the finish line, gleefully declared victory, leapt off the horse, threw the reins away and went to chat with his admiring public...  leaving the poor horse to stand sweating and shaking in the bushes.   Ten minutes later a bystander (not the crew) finally got the horse, watered it and did some basis TLC.  Rider still chatting merrily with friends.  To me, this is a greater sin than a novice idiot over-riding his horse.

There are jerks on both sides of the fence, People.  Just see to it that you're not one of them and try to set an good example whether you're a LD, 50, or 100er.

Personally, I ride for the T-shirts

Ann Blankenship -- LD and doesn't care if it's endurance or not....