LD comment

I would like to say that if you as a rider feel that 25 miles is an endurance ride, than it is.  If you feel it is more of a training ride to be able to move on to higher mileage, than it is....the sport is what you the person wants to get out of it.  I don't think it matters where you place or how fast you finish, it is how you ride and completing what you feel was an accomplishment for your horse and your goals.

I think the people who are saying they were treated badly and looked down upon, were at a very strange ride, that must not have consited of true endurance riders.  Most of the riders I have ever met are generally curtious and always very helpful.  I hope the people who feel outcasted will go to a ride where everyone is equal no matter what distance you ride.  I have had good experiences at the 2 ridesI have attended, and I never felt like I was barging in on someone elses sport.  I was greeted, welcomed and encouraged to ask questions at the ride meeting, vet checks and to riders who were especially helpful.  I am looking forward to doing some rides this year thanks to Darcy...an endurance rider...who is willing to let me use her horse until mine is ready to train!!

I encourage everyone to just do what you want to do and enjoy what you are doing...that is why we are out there.  It should not matter when you ride an LD where you placed, you should be satisfied that you were able to complete the ride with a healthy horse.

Thanks for Reading!  Happy Trailz!
Jenni
and Armani....future endurance prospect!