Re: Tevis and blue jeans

Nowadays I ride in "riding jeans" for training rides, sometimes with
pantyhose underneath for extra protection and warmth when temps are low.
In competition I still prefer riding tights because they don't soak up
water that is spilt as I liberally sponge my horse (we're in the SE,
don't you know!)  The jeans tend to get wet and stay that way.  Even
seamless denim can rub pretty badly when it is wet.  Also, I have enough
trouble with flexibility to get my foot up to that high stirrup when
trying to mount my tall horse on the trail so I don't want more layers of
clothing on my legs to make them stiff...

Dave Bennett
& Rocketeer (350 miles last year, 1000's to go)
Chickamauga, Georgia