Re: Endurance Prospect(s) "Conformation/Paddling & Medical Considerations"

Dear Ruth,
I think it would be wise not to overlook the importance of a "farrier" check as
well... he can answer your questions about low heels, paddling, etc and if he
is your farrier and will be the one who will be working on his feet, that could
be a very important factor in your decision.  My gelding has low heels and low
angles (though they are improving) and I use him in endurance without any
problems.  We do keep shoes on him to protect what foot he does have...he tends
to break them if left barefoot too long.  One of those necessary evils.  But he
has done well this past year, never come up lame and his heel and angles are
improving.  It is an ongoing process and doesn't happen overnight.  Good luck!
Maggie