Re: yellow snow...?

In a message dated 1/7/99 2:37:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, foster@unbc.ca
writes:

<< I understood that it was the amount of protein that the horses were
 discharging through their urine.  When my horse's urine was that colour they
 were generally on an alfalfa with a high protein content. >>

Alfalfa also has different makeup of other things, which are digested
differently than the grass hay.  Metabolites of some of the amino acids from
the protein likewise will undergo changes, including oxidation as Bob
mentioned.

Heidi