Re: soybean oil

Today I had to buy a gallon of vegetable oil for the horses at a local
grocery store (no time to make the longer trip to the commercial food store
for the larger quantity) and after I bought it and took it home, my
vegetable oil (which I have not noticed listed ingredients before...this was
a new brand) listed "liquid soybean oil" as the ingredient!!  Is that what
vegetable oil is???  I guess I never thought about it.  Assumed it was
probably a mix of various sources.  Hmmmm.....  What's the word on that?
Maggie