Re: Nature is for who?

In a message dated 1/4/99 11:45:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
linda_cowles@mentorg.com writes:

<< It doesn't always take this kind of equipment!!! In years of trail work,
 I rarely come across anything needing a chain saw, and there is usually
 an acceptable way around it, at least temporarily. If it needs a chain
 saw, it's huge. My hand saw is sharp enough to go through anything 4
 inches in diameter easily... as is the wire saw. It depends on how hard
 the wood is. >>

Very true, Linda.  We also carry hand saws on some of our rides for that very
reason, and in years when we have had early chainsaw closure due to fire
danger, we have sawed some VERY big logs by hand...  Takes sweat and blisters
sometimes, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Heidi