Re: Purina Athlete

In a message dated 1/3/99 4:40:16 PM EST, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< Since Athlete is a feed rather than a supplement, I can't see how one cup
 would be of much help.   >>

As I have read the literature on Athlete, it is to substitute no more than 75%
of your normal concentrate ration.  If you feed 4 lbs of grain normally, you
can build up to 3 lbs of Athlete and 1 lb of grain.  Am I wrong?  BTW, I did
use it as a supplement using small quanities and saw great results (inc.
weight), but I feed my ponies by the cup, not pound.  No more than 4 cups per
feeding per pony.  If they need more than that, I use the Athlete, beginning
with 1/2 cup per feeding and building up if needed.
leigh